20/07/2013

Mango pickles

Mango is without comparison my favourite fruit. I eat it several times per week and I am trying different recipes where mango can be incorporated.

This recipe is for pickles which can be used for... well in my opinion almost anything. I like it hot, spicy and not too sweet so I have used red chillies, lots of spices and very little sweetener. Below I'm just going to list the ingredients and then you can use chilli, spices and sweetener as per your own preference.

Mango pickles - photo by Rikke Wend Hartung


2-3 ripe mangos cut into cubes
red chilli whole if you want to remove it after cooking or sliced if you want it to stay in
coriander and cumin seeds - roasted on a dry pan
apple cider vinegar (100-120 ml)
xylitol or similar sweetener

Glass jar - boiled off and rinsed with alcohol.

Put all ingredients in sauce pan and simmer for about 20-30 minutes. Then pour into the glass jar. Leave it to cool of and then refrigerate.


No comments:

Post a Comment