11/07/2013

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

The other day I spoke to a friend who is also very interested in nutrition and has been so for much longer than me. He spoke about fasting and raw foods and vegetarianism and I suddenly found myself panicking over all the stuff I don't know (that is: all the stuff I haven't had time to research yet) and that I might not be doing enough for my health. Then I realised I was falling into the classic trap of forgetting to appreciate how far I how come and that what I am currently doing is working well for me. We get ahead of ourselves so easily, don't we.

Living a healthy life is work in progress and all about the small steps toward a healthier life every day. It's about feeling good about ourselves and knowing that what we do is good for us. Not about stressing ourselves out over all the things we don't do. That's not healthy at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment